For my entire career, public service has been the centerpiece, the core, of my work.
After 30 plus years serving the people as a Civil Servant, police officer, and military veteran, I have developed a strong belief that our government must listen to and work for the people.
I served as a Congressional Fellow with Congressman Tony P. Hall, 105th Congress, Second Session. During my time working in the United States House of Representatives, I truly began to understand the intricacies of creating good policy and the legislation that precedes it. This strengthened my belief that any entity that is designed to represent, or serve the people deserves leaders willing to work toward meaningful, common sense solutions.
With the previous thoughts in mind, today, I announce my candidacy for Mayor of Huber Heights, Ohio!
If elected mayor of Huber Heights, I will focus on efforts to make our city stronger that will include:
- Work to make Huber Heights’ city government more effective in representing and serving the people of Huber Heights.
- Increasing economic development in Huber Heights that will spur job creation for our citizens.
- Work to make Huber Heights city schools the strongest in our state.
- Ensure efforts to improve community-police relations are continued and enhanced.
- Work to improve city services for our taxpayers.
Finally, government should serve everyone. The people of Huber Heights deserve leadership willing to work together to enact an agenda that makes Huber Heights the ‘shining city on the hill’ President Reagan so eloquently spoke about.
I look forward to your support this year as I campaign to be your mayor.
Albert Griggs Jr.